Have you been in the wine and beverage industry long enough to know it’s where you belong – and now you’d like to take it further? If you have your sights set on becoming a Sommelier, Wine Expert, or General Manager, Le Cordon Bleu offers a new Wine and Beverage program that can help you prepare to pursue certifications* that can help you make it happen.
In the course of the program you can research and taste a wide array of wines from different regions to educate your palate to discern their unique characteristics. This may be essential training that can help you prepare to perform the blind tastings that can be required for industry certification. You can get to know the different styles and processes of Cider, Sake, Malt Beverages and Spirits. You can even learn about the different characteristics of coffees. And in Mixology, you can have the opportunity to combine high-quality service with high-spirited theatrics and create your own signature mixed cocktail.
Certification exams for this program can help you prepare for:
- Court of Master Sommeliers – Level I and Level II
- U.S. Bartenders’ Guild Spirits Professional and Advanced Bartending programs
- NEHA Sanitation
- State’s Responsible Alcohol Service Requirements (varies by state)
- Food Protection Managers Exam offered through American National Standards Institute-Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP)
* Le Cordon Bleu does not guarantee third-party certifications. Certification requirements for taking and passing certification examinations are not controlled by Le Cordon Bleu but by outside agencies and are subject to change by the agencies without notice to Le Cordon Bleu. Therefore, Le Cordon Bleu cannot guarantee that graduates will be eligible to take certification examinations, regardless of their eligibility status upon enrollment.