Offering Convienience, Flexibility, and Opportunity
Whether you want to experience the hospitality world from the kitchen, the front of the house, or the executive floor, Le Cordon Bleu has a program designed to help you meet your goals. Our online programs allow students to expand their education into the management of culinary operations, culinary management, and restaurant and hotel management in a flexible online format. Particularly valuable to students who are working full or part time, our online programs are accessible through any internet connection, anytime of day.
Graduates of our online programs may be qualified for professional operations, front-of-house or management positions in restaurants, resorts, hotels and other foodservice corporations.
Mode of Delivery for Distance Education Programs
The College utilizes a proprietary Learning Management System (LMS) known as MyCampus. Virtual classrooms are designed to facilitate learning and may be comprised of learning activities that include one or more of the following:
- Presentations: Multimedia presentations introduce new concepts and are accessed by students asynchronously.
- Discussion Forums: Topic-based discussions are facilitated asynchronously by the instructor. Discussion forums provide students with the opportunity to respond to the instructor as well as to other students. The instructor may focus the discussion, highlight critical insights made by students, challenge the critical thinking of students, and propose alternative perspectives on a topic.
- Chat Sessions: Twice each week, the instructor holds a one-hour live (synchronous) chat session. The instructor uses these chat sessions to deliver a structured presentation. Chat sessions are recorded and archived so that students who are unable to attend the session synchronously may access it at their convenience.
- Assignments: Each assignment allows students the opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and gain feedback from the instructor.
- Group Project: Students may have the opportunity to participate in group projects. Evaluation of the group projects will involve an analysis of the products as well as the group process. Students receive course textbooks and software through Words of Wisdom, LLC.